Celebrate the Fourth of July-it’s good for you and for our community!
Whether or not you’ll be watching fireworks or kicking your feet up at a BBQ tomorrow for the July 4th holiday in the U.S., here’s some reading to get you motivated:
Peep this infographic from Makeshift Magazine about celebration and its effects around the world:
- Organize all the million half-baked, good ideas you have to make a difference with a spark file.
- Get inspired by Halal Hotdogs, a food cart in Minnesota that aims to promote cultural understanding between Somalis and Americans, as well as provide potential employment for newly arrived immigrants.
- Check out these adorable earth-friendly kids food trucks and how you can get one, too.
- If you missed them the first time around, learn how nonprofits and beer breweries are working together to enact change and how you can do your own pie-a-day giveaway.
- Love the red, white, and blue? Browse volunteer opportunities and nonprofit organizations to find ways to get involved in Marin County here!
You can also check out ways to volunteer on the Fourth of July HERE